Friday, December 30, 2005

X-Ray Day

As most of you know, I have been waiting to hear how my hip has been healing. Because of the hoildays, I had to waith for 8 weeks for an appointment. During that time I've been recovering nicely, but sill have considerable aches and pains, so I didn't have any real idea how I was doing. To make matters worse, the resident that I saw in the hospital and at my 2 week checkup was quite negative about my prognosis. By this week, I was freaking out!

BUT- my X-ray shows that my bone is healing normally! So far, everying is as good as possible. I am by no means out of the woods- there is risk the bone will move, and a risk I will get something called Avascular Necrosis sometime in the next several years. This is the problem that could ultimately require me to upgrade to an artifical hip. But there is no reason to predict that will be a problem.

I'll start physical therapy soon and I can start putting weight back on my leg over the next several weeks.

I'd really like to thank everyone who has helped out - I don't know how we could have made it without all the cooking, driving, and other help. Mike even installed a new showerhead so I could take a shower. I really needed that first shower, let me tell you!

Carol and the kids have also been great! It has been fun being home all the time, even if it was not under the best of circumstances, and I was sometimes grumpy because of the pain. It's going to be sad when I have to start going to work more often! Posted by Picasa