Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Kuala Lumpor


Here it is - the view from room 2324 at the Hilton Kuala Lumpor. I got there at night, rode in a taxi to my room. Got up early, went to see Shell in Cyberjava. It's a suburb of KL. This is a new "IT Capital" of Malaysia, where there are tons of international data centers.

Met the customer, when to lunch at the IOI Resort nearby (AMAZING noodles), and then went to the airport.

My impressions of Malaysia is that it is beautiful - lots of jungle everywhere, tons of mosques and other interesting architecture, and everything was very modern. I am very curious. English is widely spoken, and it seemed easy to get around. It is a Muslim country, and many of the women wore hijab, but it wasn't required, and many women didn't wear it. Apparently, there are many religions in Malaysia, although it is formally a muslim country.

I'd go back.

Oh - and here's an elephant from the lobby of the Le Meridian in Thailand. It was visiting when I was checking out on Monday. BTW - I have major sunburn!