Saturday, October 27, 2007

Young Frankenstein - It's alive! It's alive!

Lucky enough to score a ticket to Young Frankenstein in NY this week. As carol points out, my blog entries are full of interesting stuff. I always wish my family could be along with me on my adventures in product management, but at least I make the most of my opportunities, instead of staying in the hotel for room service like so many of my peers!

Anyway, you should book your trip to NY now if you love the theatre, mel brooks, or you enjoyed the producers. The songs are at least as good as those of the producers (except for Spring Time For Hitler, of course), and jokes are out of control.

All the gags from the movie are even more funny on stage. Memorable scenes - the library book case and the candle stick - the rotating book case - was insane. And the whole "his name was Abby....Abby Normal..." I almost died. I was scared shitless that they guy next to me would have a stroke he was laughing so hard.

It was a pretty long show - well over 2 hours - but it never dragged. I would say that it's one of the very best stage shows I've ever seen - even Spamalot had a longish part in the middle of the second.